These are the archives from 2010-2018 for the discussion forum hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Relevance Post: Eat Thy Toast
So this weekend, I spent quite a lot time thinking about food. It started because I, along with some friends, took a road trip to get food. We all wanted food that just doesn't exist in New Mexico, so we went Amarillo, TX. In the end, I ate/drink something from 6 different locations. I then began thinking about my regular day eating habits. Up until recently, I fasted in the morning and then ate about ever two hours. I realized soon thereafter that Hobbits eat six times a day, which is roughly every two hours! So this road trip to Amarillo made me realize that I am secretly a Hobbit.
1 comment:
Truly a shame that you didn't eat a 72 oz steak... Or Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Although I cannot say that I identify as a Hobbit, I do understand the significance of food-- as a Hispanic it is one of the most vital experiences in life in many respects. Regarding your frequency of meals, I will admit it gave me a good cackle to imagine you demanding afternoon tea like a petulant Hobbit. I would be interested to hear anecdotes of the meals you had, both as a list of what was consumed and an explanation of your feelings about the experience and the atmosphere surrounding them. Thanks for sharing!
{Nienna}
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.