Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Hobbit Society-event post(and my last post!)

I attended Hobbit societies fall speaker event where we had guest speaker, fantasy artist Eric Velhagen. I really admire his art style and the way he conveys his ideas through it. I was surprised to learn that he does not have a cellphone, he likes to seclude himself to work on his art, the flyer for his event even says “In a hole in the ground there lived and artist”. I feel that he would really appreciate the story of “ leaf by Niggle”, he seems to share some of Niggle’s characteristics. He likes to seclude himself with his art, he talked about social gatherings as an obligation, but regardless of this he is incredibly generous. I think this just goes to show how universal Tolkien’s ideas are.

Finally I would just like to say what a pleasure it was to have class with everyone, this has been the best Honors College class I have had not just because of the material and the professor but because everyone in the class always had something interesting to contribute. 

signing off for now Aule ( Aida).

3 comments:

Nienna said...

It's funny that you saw that quote on his flyer, because I'm sure I read through it about 5 times and never realized that it didn't say Hobbit on it, very observant. As an extrovert, does that attitude spark any response in you? Either curiosity or aversion, or maybe even envy? I know I am always confused and enthralled when introverts talk about how differently they experience the world

In reference to your sign-off, it would have been interesting to have you leak the list of everybody's pseudonym's, I know you worked on it all semester and I was waiting for you to do it but you never did it. Just another example of how observant you are.

Aulë said...

You know what Melissa....leave me alone. What makes you think i'm an extrovert? I am Ambivert. A very awkward one at that thank you very much.

Aulë said...

As to my response, I really like our guest speaker he seems like a cool dude. A little peculiar but in a good way. I guess he inspired admiration more than anything else. I liked how he greeted everyone in the room personally regardless of his discomfort in the situation. I also would not leak the list because I was told people's pseudonyms in confidentiality and they are not mine to reveal.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.