These are the archives from 2010-2018 for the discussion forum hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
I wonder how accurate it is. I read the first 8 posts which were really funny and interesting, but "Sauran" seems to describe first hand many details that weren't in the Silmarillion. Does the author of the blog have another source? Is he just taking creative license? Did I not read carefully enough? This is a really cool thing to read considering we've been talking about the Silmarillion.
1 comment:
I wonder how accurate it is. I read the first 8 posts which were really funny and interesting, but "Sauran" seems to describe first hand many details that weren't in the Silmarillion. Does the author of the blog have another source? Is he just taking creative license? Did I not read carefully enough? This is a really cool thing to read considering we've been talking about the Silmarillion.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.