These are the archives from 2010-2018 for the discussion forum hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Saturday, October 20, 2018
What else is there?
I attended this past Hobbit Society meeting. The theme for this month was "Supernatural within Tolkien Legendarium." As such witches and ghost were discussed as well as monsters. However, the definition of supernatural is "attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature." Which I feel encompasses literally everything within Tolkien's world. While I guess I may not have contributed to the conversation as I should have, I also feel that more topic could have been covered.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.