Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

I Should Just Tell Y'all My Pseudonym

As you can see, my pseudonym is "Manwë", which fun fact: means "Blessed one" but you guys get to read this so really you're the blessed ones. So real quick I'm going to talk about who he is within Tolkien's mythology because through our readings he has become relevant. He was the eldest of Ainur, and the entity who best understood the will of Eru. As such he was the chief instrument used by the Second Theme of Eru to counter the discord created by Melkor. However, as Melkor progressed in his advances, Manwë became instrumental in his successes. Manwë was completely free of evil, as such he was unable to comprehend it leading him to believe Melkor's lies. Which lead him to release Melkor from Mandos. Which lead to a whole lot of chaos.
         

2 comments:

Aulë said...

WOW! How Ironic....

Jessecca M.R. Nevers said...

Thanks for sharing some background and putting what is sometimes not very coherent (from Tolkien) into something that makes good sense! It was hard for me to understand why everyone was saying Manwe was really a good guy. I couldn't help but think of cause and effect, and didn't stop to think about Manwe himself. I appreciate this clarification!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.