These are the archives from 2010-2018 for the discussion forum hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Friday, December 4, 2015
Did we miss anything?
We've covered so much this semester and all of it has been extremely valuable to Tolkien. However, I was wondering if anybody had any previous works by him that they liked that we never got to. Before this class, I had no idea that he had produced so many works and I'm wondering if there are still more that are worth exploring. Any suggestions?
1 comment:
The one that immediately comes to my mind is Roverandom, the story about the dog that we briefly mentioned. I haven't read it, but I loved the artwork for it that was in the Hammond and Scull book and enjoyed Tolkien's other short stories that we read this semester, so perhaps over the break I will give it a look.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.