These are the archives from 2010-2018 for the discussion forum hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Sunday, December 6, 2015
Book Titles!
Our connections to Tolkien come in many forms, and many from the works of other authors influenced by his works. With that in mind, I have to ask: are there any books I should read? Movies I should see? Anything that reminded you of Tolkien that you appreciate. I'll contribute my entry here: The Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher. Thanks all!
1 comment:
I really enjoyed the fantasy worlds of Terry Brooks Shannara series, Raymond Feist's Riftwar saga, David Eddings Belgariad and Elenium series, and the wonderful world of R. A. Salvatore's Drizzt legacy to name just a few of my favorite fantasy authors that stemmed from reading the works of J.R.R. Tolkien's works when I was a young boy.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.