Now I am one of the seven Queens of the Valar, and I love running with the deer through the meadows whilst my valiant husband rules in Valinor.
These are the archives from 2010-2018 for the discussion forum hosted by the UNM Hobbit Society at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, USA. The purpose of our group is to meet and associate with others interested in Tolkien, and to learn more about the author, his written works, and his sources through discussion, guest lectures and academically oriented activities. This blog is intended to expand discussion among UNM Hobbit Society members beyond what meeting times allow.
Sunday, August 23, 2015
Nessa, Helinyetille
I am sister of
Oromë, last-named of the Valar, and wife of the great warrior Tulkas. I married my husband in the Spring of
Arda--the Years of the Lamps--before Melkor cast them down. Our wedding was full of feasting and
merriment, but later, while my husband slept, Melkor began his ruin of our
world. When he destroyed the Lamps, the
world was utterly destroyed, and we returned to Valmar. While once I had danced upon the Isle of
Almaren, I now danced and ran upon the grassy knolls of Valmar.
Now I am one of the seven Queens of the Valar, and I love running with the deer through the meadows whilst my valiant husband rules in Valinor.
Now I am one of the seven Queens of the Valar, and I love running with the deer through the meadows whilst my valiant husband rules in Valinor.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.